Last year the leader of the Bey-hive and Grammy award winning artist, Beyonce voiced Nala in the live-action remake of THE LION KING, now it seems that she may be sticking around the Disney family. Thanks to a new report from Elle now claims that Beyonce has signed a $100 million deal with Disney and is to keep her in the midst for a foreseeable future.
Here is the best part this is going to reportedly lead to Beyonce being involved with Black Panther 2 in some capacity, likely providing a song for the film’s soundtrack as opposed to an on-screen role of any sort.
Beyonce is said to be “a major player” for the mouse, with hopes she will lend her voice to some upcoming documentaries on Disney+ as well. “The negotiations are still ongoing but it’s the final details that are being thrashed out now,” the site’s sources claim.
2018’s BLACK PANTHER was masterful having been curated by another Grammy award winning artist in Kendrick Lamar, so it only makes sense Disney would enlist an superstar talent like Beyonce to lend her musical skills to Ryan Coogler’s hotly anticipated sequel. The question now beckons should be an on screen talent as well who would she portray.
It has been no secret that many people have either flat out given up on the Josh Boone directed mutant horror film, THE NEW MUTANTS or still hope to see what was at one point a highly anticipated film.
Now Boone himself recently said that the film would be released this year and in its original version. That in itself is worth noting because it is widely known that the film underwent massive reshoots after test screenings to supposedly add more horror to the film. Also additional cast members were added to the project such as Antonio Banderas, who replaced Jon Hamm as a villain in a post credit cameo. Also reshoots were put on hold for an extended period of time due to Maisie Williams then filming schedule with GAME OF THRONES.
Well now that bit of mystery has been given some clarity with the final film in the 20th Century Fox X-Men saga has arisen. On twitter the official account of the film recently posted with this image.
According to the image On January 6th, 2020 at 6AM (more than likely Pacific time) will be getting a new and final trailer for the film. The official Twitter bio also reflects that the movie will arrive on April 3rd of the this year in theaters.
Check out the first original trailer from back in 2017 and stay tuned for updates on the film.
THE NEW MUTANTS Anya Taylor-Joy (SPLIT, GLASS), Maisie Williams (GAME OF THRONES), Charlie Heaton (STRANGER THINGS), and Alice Braga (ELYSIUM) star in the film.
We will leave it up to interpretation who is “mommy” and who is “daddy” but nonetheless it is all around good news because Sony and Marvel Studios/Disney have made amends and the co-produced 3rd SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING film will happen. Amy Pascal will also once again co-produce through Pascal Pictures which she has done over the past two films.
The third film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. Also as part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Which ultimately makes this a very big win for all of the fans.
Now in case you are unaware what happened. money was the overall root of the problem. Disney was reportedly seeking a 50/50 co-financing stake in the Spider-man films. This is because of Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige’s continued guiding hand which resulted in the delivery of Sony’s highest grossing film ever with $1.13 billion. It also has to be mentioned that Disney already owns the merchandise on Spider-Man. The original Sony-Marvel deal over the last two SPIDER-MAN movies saw Disney getting an estimated 5% of first gross dollar.
This of course now has changed with the renewed partnership. Sony has agreed to the terms that Disney proposed for its participation in a future Spider-Man sequel. With this Disney/Marvel Studios would co-finance 25% of a third HOMECOMING movie for a 25% equity stake.
Kevin Feige released a statement which stated,
“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it. Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”
Amy Pascal who has produced the first two Tom Holland led Spider-man films also released a statement.
“This is terrific. Peter Parker’s story took a dramatic turn in Far From Home and I could not be happier we will all be working together as we see where his journey goes. This has been a winning partnership for the studios, the franchise and the fans and I’m overjoyed it will continue.”
No matter what we now can breathe a sigh of relief as the conclusion to the story can be told and then see what happens within Sony’s own Spider-man Universe.
After Disney blamed its third quarter loss on its 20th Century Fox acquisitions including DARK PHOENIX many found themselves wondering if THE NEW MUTANTS which itself has gone through a number of reshoots, actually be released to the public. We now may have our answer.
According to a report from Variety, Disney is highly unimpressed with John Boone’s The New Mutants, and believes it has “limited box office potential” (did they not see the aforementioned DARK PHOENIX).The film is currently set for an April 2020 theatrical release, but, as far as we know, still requires some reshoots. If this is indeed true then do not expect the mouse to enthusiastically shell out any money into having this happen.
As far as the merc with a mouth, goes Disney is still said to be “grappling” with how to integrate DEADPOOL into the MCU, and is trying to find a way for the character to “move seamlessly between AVENGERS spinoffs and bloody, profane stand-alone adventures.”
Now if you want a quick summation of what this may mean, it may be when it comes to assembling with the Avengers, Wade Wilson would be a little more reserved but when it comes to his own solo films its “No F’s Given”.
The resident super villain Jay Washington is back with another movie review and this time its for the live action remake of Disney’s THE LION KING.
Jay goes in-depth to discuss if whether or not this holds up to the original film or if it is a failed attempt. Of course there will be SPOILERS but at the same time you kinda already know whats gonna happen in the film right?
Be sure to LIKE , SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to the channel
Follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram
JOIN THE SUPER VILLAIN SQUAD ON PATREON
CHECK OUT THE MAD TITAN PODCAST wherever you get your podcasts from.
A major worry can seemingly be put to rest after the announcement that Disney CEO Bob Iger made during their first quarter earnings call. That worry being that Deadpool will allowed to remain as an R-rated property after the Disney acquisition of the Marvel properties owned by Fox.
This could be due to the fact that the first two films made over $1.5 billion between them.so there really isnt reason as to why Disney would need to rush into heading down the PG-13 route despite the popularity of Once Upon a Deadpool last year.
Iger however cautioned that any future Deadpool movies would be required to be “carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer.” If you need a translator the beautiful Marvel Studios intro you seen on the beginning of MCU films will more than likely not apply to the merc with a mouth and he may not be able to join the MCU franchise.
We are now a little over a month away from the arrival of the strongest person in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain Marvel in her debut solo film.
With the marketing revving up into high gear for Captain Marvel, Disney has just released new character posters and they will make make you want to hang them on your wall.
The lineup for the upcoming Disney streaming platform is adding more content in the form of Marvel characters. This is for a potential limited series involving Falcon and Winter Soldier.
Its being reported that Malcolm Spellman has been tapped to write a series featuring the two superheroes, which is currently in development at the streamer. It is the first of the proposed Marvel limited series to find a writer. The Loki and Scarlet Witch series has yet to get a writer attached.
Marvel and Disney declined to comment or give an official announcement.
Falcon and Winter Soldier, played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan respectively, have both appeared in multiple Marvel films to date, including the recent blockbuster “Avengers: Infinity War.” Both also were victims of “the snap” from Thanos.
With this and the announcement of the cancellations of Luke Cage and Iron Fist on Netflix . Many believe that Marvel and Disney is setting to come out of the gate swinging with their streaming platform.
Almost a week ago to the day Netflix and Marvel announced that they had cancelled Iron Fist after two seasons, today Daredevil dropped it’s third season and now today the announcement had been made that they are cancelling the bulletproof hero of Harlem, Luke Cage.
CUnfortunately, Marvel’s Luke Cage will not return for a third season,” said Marvel and the streaming service on Friday. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is grateful to the dedicated showrunner, writers, cast and crew who brought Harlem’s Hero to life for the past two seasons, and to all the fans who have supported the series.”
Reports are coming out that the announcement even shocked showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker who was assembling together his writing team.
Rumors will soon begin to swirl as what this will mean for the collective Heroes For Hire (Luke Cage and Iron Fist) and will their shows see some type of resurgence on the upcoming Disney streaming platform.
After what was clearly a redeeming and restructured second season that gave the main character new life. That life will now be short lived as Marvel has pulled the plug on Iron Fist on Netflix.
Finn Jones gave what many said was refreshing look at Danny Rand during the 1st season. But today a joint statement released by both Marvel and Netflix, “Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix”…“Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners,” Marvel and Netflix added. “We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”
This may be possible with all of the many teases given throughout the series. (Potential spoilers below) Misty Knight (Simone Missick) told Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick) that she may need her help in Harlem dealing with Luke Cage (Mike Colter).
Also we saw the reunion of the Heroes For Hire (Iron Fist and Luke Cage) in the 2nd season of Luke Cage so there are many possibilities.